|Featured Articles of the month-October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. NBCAM is celebrating 27 years of Awareness, education and empowerment. Check out the links below to educate yourself."
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF)
National Breast Cancer Awareness Site-get educated.
American Cancer Society's Breast Cancer Page
Susan G. Komen for the Cure and Race for the Cure
Kay Yow Cancer Fund
Breast Cancer Network of Strength®
National Cancer Institute (NCI)-breast cancer page.
Breast Cancer Awareness from CDC
Breast Cancer Awareness on Facebook
NFL's Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Think Before You Pink-a project of Breast Cancer Action, launched in 2002 in response to the growing concern about the overwhelming number of pink ribbon products and promotions on the market. The campaign calls for more transparency and accountability by companies that take part in breast cancer fundraising, and encourages consumers to ask critical questions about pink ribbon promotions.
Critical Questions to Ask Before You Buy Pink
1. How much money from your purchase actually goes toward breast cancer? Is the amount clearly stated on the package?
2. What is the maximum amount that will be donated?
3. How are the funds being raised?
4. To what breast cancer organization does the money go, and what types of programs does it support?
5. What is the company doing to assure that its products are not actually contributing to the breast cancer epidemic?
|Swim - Softball - Soccer||
- Running - Volleyball - Basketball